A technical education unit will be presented Feb. 2 as part of the American Seed Trade Association Flower and Vegetable Conference in Anaheim, California.
The Seed Innovation and Protection Alliance (SIPA) will present presentations on the American Invents Act, patent and
Process Verified Program
labeling, trademarks and varietal names, and licensing issues in the agricultural industry.
One of the main presentations will be a session on trademarks and their use in agriculture presented by Barb Campbell of Cochran Freund & Young. Topics for the session will include common law and federal trademarks, use of trademarks and varietal names, tips for procuring trademark protection, licensing of trademarks and enforcement of trademark rights.
The program is free and open to the public, but an RSVP is requested by Jan. 15.
Organizations in this story
Seed Innovation and Protection Alliance 1860 Blake St Denver, CO 80202
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists