In its first year on the market, the cloud-based AgVeritas has made a significant impact on the precision agriculture industry.
AgVeritas is a yield analysis application by XSInc for the United States and Canada that provides an accurate way for growers to obtain statistically significant yield analyses used to create precise prescriptions for placing minimum inputs while maximizing returns.
“Analyzing product trials with AgVeritas enables us to measure the impact of the many factors that cause yield variability within a field,"
Allan Fetters, director of technology at Simplot Grower Solutions said. "By accounting for these factors, we are able to more accurately assess the true yield response of the products we are testing, and ultimately pass that knowledge on to our customers.”
AgVeritas helps retailers and consultants identify key performance drivers for yield on their farms in a powerful yet easy-to-use tool that can be easily accessed in the palm of their hand.
“AgVeritas is the most in-depth yield analysis tool I have seen,"
Dale Cowan, senior agronomist for AGRIS and Wanstead Co-ops FS, said. "Too often we rely on anecdotal observations or simple spatial relationships using a squint test. We can only look at one factor at a time. The spatial statistics it uses allow us to dig deeper into what really drives yield performance and provide insight that may not be obvious. The [return on ivestment] report gives me quick, profit-based conclusions involving multiple factors that I can share with my customers."
Organizations in this story
XSInc 1500 Perimeter Park Dr Morrisville, NC 27560
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists