Neogen Corporation has acquired the stock of United Kingdom-based Lab M Holdings, a developer, manufacturer and supplier of microbiological culture media and diagnostic systems; its operations will be managed by Neogen Europe subsidiary.
“The combination of Lab M’s quality products with our Acumedia product line will make Neogen a leading global company in the traditional microbiology market, as well as give us new tools we can incorporate into our food safety diagnostics to enhance our products,” Neogen CEO and Lab M Chairman James Herbert said.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Neogen Corporation develops and markets products to food and animal safety. The company’s Food Safety Division markets dehydrated culture media and diagnostic test kits to detect food-borne bacteria, natural toxins, food allergens, drug residues, plant diseases and sanitation concerns.
Lab M was founded in 1971 and became a leading provider of microbial testing and diagnostic products for the global food, water, industrial and clinical testing markets. The company currently sells into more than 70 countries worldwide and has several large customers in the EU, Middle East and India.
Organizations in this story
Neogen Corporation 620 Lesher Pl Lansing, MI 48912
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists