,.The American Seed Trade Association (ASTA) said last week that it supports a bill that would override confusing state labeling regulations for bioengineered ingredients.
ASTA President and CEO Andrew LaVigne praised the Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act and said it includes uniform rules and a national certification program instead of a mish-mash of state laws that would leave consumers’ heads spinning and increase their grocery bills.
“ASTA also appreciates the legislation would strengthen the authority of
the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on science-based labeling
standards," LaVigne said. "The Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act is a common-sense
solution, and we urge swift consideration by the House of
Organizations in this story
FDA Office of Medical Products and Tobacco 10903 New Hampshire Ave NE Silver Spring, MD 20903
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists