The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) has issued a Request for Proposal in the amount of $475,000 for competitive grant funding to implement clean diesel projects.
The Request for Proposal targets projects that reduce diesel emissions through the early replacement of diesel vehicles and equipment, such as highway vehicles, buses, trucks and non-road vehicles.
Funding for this grant comes from a state allocation of the federal Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Clean Diesel Program.
Eligible applicants include local and regional government agencies, public school districts, private schools, port authorities, metropolitan planning organizations, private businesses and nonprofit organizations or institutions that promote transportation or air quality as their focus.
Proposals will be accepted through Feb. 10, 2017.
In conjunction with the DERA Request for Proposal, the MDEQ also issued a Request for Information regarding the Volkswagen (VW) Environmental Mitigation Trust.
The VW Environmental Mitigation Trust is funded by a settlement with VW to resolve claims concerning emission control equipment in VW and Audi vehicles featuring 2.0 liter diesel-powered engines, model year 2009 to 2015. The VW Environmental Mitigation Trust will fund projects that mitigate oxides of nitrogen emissions.
The MDEQ will hold a series of webinars to provide further explanation and information regarding both the DERA Request for Proposal and the VW Environmental Mitigation Trust Request for Information. The first webinar is scheduled for Dec. 14.
Organizations in this story
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality 525 West Allegan Street Lansing, MI 48909
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists