In June, the American Soybean Association asked 25,000 of its members to contact their state's senators to get the GMO labeling compromise bill passed.
This bill was introduced in the Senate by Chairman Pat Roberts (R-KS) and Ranking Member Debbie Stabenow (D-MI). To help its members,
the ASA uploaded an email template which members can use to contact senators.
The ASA wanted to make clear that just because a senator is
from a farm state, does not mean that he or she would vote in favor of the
ASA also asked that members contact the ASA team in D.C. with
any new information obtained from the senators replies to phone calls or
Organizations in this story
American Soybean Association 12125 Woodcrest Executive Dr St Louis, MO 63141
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists