The 2015 National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) National Corn Yield Contest was a huge win for Dekalb farmers, winning a total of 161 awards in the contest, including eight of the 18 national awards and 153 at the state level.
The farmers swept the national A No-Till/Strip-Till Non-Irrigated Category and received 60 first-place, 57 second-place and 36 third-place wins at the state level.
"It’s exciting to see farmers achieve these high yields with Dekalb corn products, and we congratulate them for their skill and success," Dipal Chaudhari, Asgrow's Dekalb
Brand Manager, said. "Their strong performance is all the more impressive considering the challenging growing conditions experienced in many regions of the country this season."
The Dekalb NCGA yield contest winners will be honored at the 2016 Commodity Classic in early March in New Orleans.
"These farmers truly demonstrate a passion for agricultural innovation," Chaudhari
said. "They continue to push the yield boundaries by leveraging the latest
products with advanced agronomic characteristics. We thank them for selecting
and look forward to celebrating their accomplishments at Commodity Classic."
Any farmer who plants with Dekalb have a strong company with products developed through an industry-leading, global breeding program with top-seed genetic and trait packages.
Organizations in this story
National Corn Growers Association 632 Cepi Drive Chesterfield, MO 63005
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists