AgVerdict, a toolkit for strategic decision-making from Wilbur-Ellis, will use aWhere for agricultural weather data and agronomic modeling services.
The aWhere service provides data based on field models and forecasts. Wilbur-Ellis provides farm performance solutions for agricultural retailers, service providers and enterprise growers within one interface.
“Agricultural intelligence and big-data like that provided by aWhere is becoming more and more important for agricultural decisions and risk management,” Michael Wilbur, vice president of field technology and data services for Wilbur-Ellis, said. “With aWhere our agricultural retail dealer channel using AgVerdict will have access to best-in-breed weather and agronomic data, giving farmers even more information about their fields from pre-season planting through harvest analysis.”
AWhere data is used by the AgVerdict application to provide greater agricultural intelligence specific to farm management.
“We call this weather and agronomic data combined agricultural intelligence,”
aWhere CEO John Corbett said. “Farmers don’t need more data. They need better information delivered to them in an understandable format enabling them to make the best in-field decisions for their farming practices.”
Organizations in this story
aWhere 2655 W Midway Blvd Broomfield, CO 80020
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists