Science Magazine released its annual survey of the Top 20 Science Employers on Friday, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical and related industries.
The rankings were based on three characteristics -- "innovative leader in industry," "treats employees with respect," and "is socially responsible" -- as ranked by employees in the industries. The top employer for 2015 is Novozymes.
“We are very proud to be recognized as the best employer by this leading scientific journal,” Per Falholt, chief science officer at Novozymes, said. “We develop biological answers to some of the greatest challenges of our time. Our growing world needs more food, better farming, renewable energy, and clean air and water. Our products really make a difference, and I believe that is a great motivation for everybody at Novozymes.”
Novozymes is the largest maker of industrial enzymes and microorganisms in the world.
“Many answers to the world’s biggest problems can be found in some of the smallest things in nature,” Per Falholt said. “Proteins and microorganisms have helped humans since the dawn of time. They are right there waiting for us to discover just how much biology can do to create a world in balance.”
Organizations in this story
Novozymes 77 Perry Chapel Church Road Franklinton, , NC 27525 ,
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists