ScottsMiracle-Gro this week introduced EveryDrop, a new product aimed at Californians who are currently under a water reduction mandate due to the ongoing drought.
EveryDrop is meant to help soil absorb water deeper into the ground in order to nourish the roots of lawns and landscapes while reducing evaporation.
California Gov. Jerry Brown ordered all residents of the state to reduce their water usage by 25 percent earlier this year.
"We pledged ourselves to a new era of water consciousness several years ago," Jim Hagedorn, chairman and CEO of ScottsMiracle-Gro. "We know water is not an infinite resource, every drop counts, and we all have to do our part to use water in more efficient ways. New product development and the introduction of EveryDrop is part of that commitment."
The EveryDrop product can be used on lawns, gardens, flowerbeds and indoor plants. It retails for $9.99 to $11.99, and comes in a 10-pound bag or 3-pound shaker jug.
EveryDrop products can be found at large home and garden stores throughout California.
Organizations in this story
Scotts Company, The 42375 Remington Ave Temecula, CA 92590
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists