Ag Leader has presented to the market a new row-by-row electric drive product that joins its seed command planter control line.
An all-encompassing planting solution, it will include an electric drive option for reliable individual seed shut-off, in addition to its time-tested clutch options.
With the new features, growers will gain precise row-by-row control of planter performance to incorporate variable rate planting on a per-row basis. Furthermore, instant adjustment to population rates and consistent seed spacing despite changes in planting speed, field conditions or curves and headlands are also benefits enjoyed by growers using electric drives.
The electric drive motor isn’t tied to a specific brand or type of seed meter, making it flexible to work on existing meters and with multiple planter setups.
Further, the isobus system is compliant and can be used with any VT task controller display.
“Our core company focus is precision farming technology, producing tools for growers that give them an immediate payback, across many farming activities and mixed equipment,” Product Manager Roger Zielke said.
Electric drives will be added to the SeedCommand line with a limited release this spring and full production in 2017.
Organizations in this story
Ag Leader 2202 South Riverside Drive Ames, IA 50010
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists