John Deere has presented a new round baler, the 459E model, which offers high-end bailing features at an economical price and will be available in 2016.
The new model is equipped with six diamond belts, which cover more than 90 percent of the bale chamber, helping to reduce leaf loss while improving bale quality. The 459E is available with two wrap options: net or twine. The baler also comes with the track pro monitor that allows the operator to both monitor and control important baler functions.
Another feature is an adjustable hitch, which helps operators attach the baler to the tractor drawbar with ease at an ideal height of 16 to 18 inches for optimal performance.
In addition, producers can bale at higher speeds with the 459E edge-to-edge net wrap option. Compared to twine, baling with net wrap is 75 percent faster and more efficient, it also results in 30 to 60 percent less spoilage.
That means producers end up with more, higher quality forage at feeding time from tightly wrapped bales that are easier to handle and feed.
Organizations in this story
John Deere Landscapes 698 Corporate Center Ct Westminster, MD 21157
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists