BASF herbicide recently registered its new ERAGON LQ for farmers to use in their pre-harvest management for barley, wheat and triticale during the 2015 season.
ERAGON LQ is a tank mix that offers farmers complete and fast weed dry down for cereal grains like barley and wheat.
For barley (spring, winter and malting), wheat (durum, spring and winter) and triticale, ERAON LQ needs to be used during the hard dough stage. This is when the kernel is firm but holds the impression of a thumbnail’s pressure. At this point, the moisture content inside the kernel is an estimated 30 percent.
If ERAGON is applied too early, it can negatively affect quality and decrease the crop’s yield.
ERAGON LQ has also been registered for desiccant and harvest aid for dry beans, soybeans and canola. Farmers can consult with exporting and processing companies before they finalize their desiccant and harvest aid or even pre-harvest weed management. This will guarantee that their crops are still marketable.
"BASF is committed to providing growers in Eastern Canada with the tools that will help them harvest a high quality crop," Deven Esqueda, brand manager, Eastern Herbicides of BASF Canada, said. "ERAGON LQ herbicide provides multiple modes of action and offers superior control of a broad spectrum of weeds, including those resistant to glyphosate, triazine and Group 2 chemistries."
Organizations in this story
BASF 4403 Pasadena Fwy Pasadena, TX 77503
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists