Italy recently approved the use of Oro Agri International Ltd.'s biopesticide PREV-AM Plus, giving growers there an alternative to many older products being withdrawn by authorities.
The eco-friendly product is based on organically sourced active orange oil. It has been found to provide all-in-one insecticidal and fungicidal activity on a wide range of crops, including olives, grapes and citrus fruits. PREV-AM Plus is registered as an acaricide in the United States and in South Africa, and European trials are encouraging.
Because PREV-AM Plus biodegrades rapidly, it is not persistent in the environment, helping Integrated Pest Management programs in resistance management and providing minimal impact on beneficial insects.
The product is available in 5-liter packs and can be applied in various doses, depending on crop variety. Applications can be made every seven to 10 days, up to a maximum of six treatments per season.
Organizations in this story
Oro Agri International Ltd 3816 S Willow Ave Fresno, CA 93725
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists