Market reporting website marketreportsonline.com said Tuesday it is adding crop protection and pesticides reporting to its research store.
The company said it will detail trends in the market for pesticides, including herbicides, fungicides and insecticides. In their report, the company said that with these chemicals, yields of common crops are saved by 68 percent. The crops include corn, cotton, rice and soybeans.
The report also indicated that a large factor for growth in this segment of the national and global sector is increasing demand for agricultural produce as population sizes increase. As demand rises so do prices which should incentivize growers into increasing production and protecting what they do have from year to year.
Generic versions of banded pesticides are seeing increased use and production. Industry experts said that this area of the sector is expected to grow as patents are set to expire.
The amount of development for new compounds and active ingredients has decreased, and the report predicts challenges that may face the industry in the form of potential health and environmental effects and the repercussions of these potential risks.
A full version of the market report is available at the marketreportsonline.com
Organizations in this story
Market Reports Online 17304 Preston Rd Dallas, TX 75252
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists