Rotam Global AgroSciences Ltd. announced today that sales climbed more than 20 percent in 2014, far exceeding the 4.5 percent gain in the worldwide crop protection market.
Company sales were $352 million in 2014, up $60.7 million from the previous year. The company outpaced market growth in every region as it focused on adding product value, building research and development, and manufacturing and strengthening customer relationships.
In China, Rotam improved results by increasing market penetration, consolidating its product line, concentrating on crop solutions, ensuring better price management and increasing sales of third-party products. In Europe, fungicide and herbicide sales recovered after 2013’s unseasonably poor weather conditions.
Gains in the NAFTA region resulted from the company’s ability to supply Dicamba in a tight supply market, favorable weather in spring, and increasing demand for glyphosate resistance management programs. The company also started selling an innovative insecticide mixture for top fruits and increased its cereals herbicide market share.
Rotam results across three regions of Latin America were outstanding, particularly in Argentina, where sales climbed 50 percent in 2014.
Organizations in this story
Rotam Global AgroSciences Ltd 4900 Koger Blvd Greensboro, NC 27407
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists