A combination of unique chemistries for managing crop protection became available April 1 via Valent U.S.A. Corp.’s exclusive agreement to manage marketing and sales of insect control products from Minneapolis-based MGK.
Both organic and sustainable growth can be achieved by the incorporation of MGK’s products, according to Valent executive vice president and CEO Matt Plitt.
"By adding MGK's line of quality insect control products to our own rapidly expanding agricultural portfolio, Valent now offers its customers in organic production an unrivaled selection of value-based solutions for integrated pest management," Pitt said.
MGK products work to protect a wide variety of crops from insects. In addiiton to manufacturing PyGanic, Azera and Veratran D, the company offers sustainable brands including Tersus, which is designed for pre-harvest use on export specialty crops, and EverGreen 60-6, a fast-killing insecticide.
“Combining the experience of MGK with that of Valent U.S.A., Valent BioSciences and the Sumitomo Chemical Company promises to deliver higher value and an even better product experience for our customers and end users," MGK President Steve Gullickson said.
MGK will continue to manufacture its products and provide oversight for active ingredients while working with Valent as the two companies collaborate to provide an efficient transition for clients.
Organizations in this story
Valent USA Corporation 1600 Riviera Ave Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Montana lawmakers preserve private-road rights
- Nevada cautions horse owners after reports of EHV-4, strangles
- American Farm Bureau Federation outlines concerns at USDA forum
- Kansas looks for beef trade mission participants
- Project to introduce drought-resistant maize continues in Africa
- American Soybean Association outlines its concerns on Farm Bill
- Commodity Classic set to kick off in San Antonio
- Second-graders enjoy a day of 'Ag Venture'
- Florida offers potentially life-saving app
- Connecticut hopes third time's a charm for conservationists